Oct 2, 2012

Road Trip

It occurred to me that I have no friends...I'm serious and sad. I've always had friends to do things with but I don't any more. No one to golf with, shop with, gossip with, vent to or travel with. I'm in a different place than most women I know. I work long hours and I am single. So if I even want to go out at night I am dragging a young child, because I have no friends!

Last week I took Friday off and grabbed Madison (the only grandchild who doesn't have sports on Saturday) and took off. We went to St George first then up through Zions Park and over to Bryce Canyon. We had fun singing songs and chatting and I love her to death, but still wish I had a friend to run and do things with. I'm living a life totally different than I ever imagined and I'm not sure I really like it. I'm usually busy and don't think about it, but driving this weekend I had time to really think and I don't know how I've ended up where I am.

If I had just one wish it would be that I could have a "do over" life and end up somewhere else...because I'm stuck and in a place that I wish I weren't in and feel to old and tired to change anything in my life...

 Madison in St George...we went to a fruit stand in Santa Clara and got some homemade jam and the best salsa ever. We went to some pioneer houses and Mady swam at the hotel.
 
Fruit stand in Santa Clara
 Madison in Zions Park
 We left our cabin in Tropic when it was still dark and "chased the Moon" It was a full moon and we wanted some pictures. We drove into Bryce Canyon an were the only ones there that was awake! We didn't ge many photos of the moon but the park was beautiful. We were both in our pajamas and sweatshirts!  The sun was also on the rise so we got some photos of that. It really was a beautiful morning, lots of wildlife and even a flock of wild turkeys.
 Rainbow arch with the sun just coming up.


 We went back and got dressed and came back for more!
 Leaves starting to change
 Mady and I had a great time together. It was a nice get a way, and I need to stop wishing my life away. I must be a little tired today. I need to be more grateful for what I do have....I just wish I had a couple of friends.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Judy, I would absolutely LOVE to do something with you. Please give me a call or write to me. I feel sooo much like you do it's not even funny. Love you. Ruth