Apr 4, 2012

Washington DC

 My Living Room in my suite.
 The view from my balcony
 Another view of my place
 Torry Devitto was there at our convention. She is on the Vampire Diaries, and has been a hospice volunteer for 5 years. She was nice enough trying to sell her book!
 This sunset was so much more beautiful in person. The sun was dark orange and the sky was purple. Ahhh I need a better camera.
 Shar my good friend who I traveled with. She taught me a great card game...
I was in Washington DC last week for 5 days. I did something I have never done before and only took 20 photos! We had reservations to tour the White House and cameras are off limits...So my camera stayed in my hotel room while I toured the White House, The Supreme Court, (big time protest going on) he Library of Congress, and the Capitol. We went to a session of congress...If that's how our country's congress works I'm NOT impressed! Really stupid congressmen ranted on and on...I did enjoy the White House and got to see the First dog "Bo"..again no photos to share.I could have spent hours in the library of congress. After a day in the city we stayed in Maryland (National Harbor). I can't complain I had a beautiful room there and great food. The crab in Maryland is better than any I've ever had.Lots of meetings and no shopping! The cherry blossoms were already gone so that was dissappointing but still I'm grateful I got to go.

No comments: